The complex cultural sponsorship and endorsement programme is traditionally a permanent component of the Thomastik-Infeld company’s policy and plays an important role.
The philosophy of this programme is based on the principle of personal cooperation, as well as wider cooperation with famous musicians from all over the world: Hilary Hahn, Rainer Küchl, concertmaster of the Viennese Philharmonic Orchestra, or Glenn Dicterow, concertmaster of the New York Philharmonic Orchestra, and many others regularly appear at Thomastik-Infeld. The decisive factor is contact, through which close friendships are formed over the years, e. g. with Mstislav Rostropovich.
Additionally, the company is actively involved in the musical education of young persons and in numerous joint ventures it supports international institutions in education. Pupils and students of music are supported in their participation in master classes or workshops by the awarding of scholarships.
Thomastik-Infeld is always striving to improve the quality of its sponsorship by working towards and realising concepts for long-term cooperation. The sustainability of the sponsorship has been rewarded on several occasions by the famous Maecenas Award.
examples of the cultural sponsorship programme:
- Society “INFELD FUNDATION for the support of young artists of fine arts and musicians in the Podravina”, founded in 1993
- “International Summer Academy of the mdw - University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna”
- “International Fritz Kreisler Competition”
- “ESTA – European String Teachers Association”
- “Porgy & Bess” Jazz Club Vienna
- “Bass Encounters”
- “ASTA – American String Teachers Association”