Have you spent years mastering the art of string playing but still know little about the ideal way to handle your tools? Are you curious to learn more about the possibilities a high-performance string offers and do you want to optimize your performance in a few simple steps? Stringtelligence offers you an exclusive insight into the science of strings. Find widely unknown tips and tricks of the trade to perfect your sound and elevate your playing to an unexpected level! More than 20,000 words and 19 video tutorials in over 90 chapters: This is string know-how at its best!
How should a string be positioned in the nut?
1. The nut should be 10 % larger than the string diameter.
2. 30 % of the string should rest in the nut.
3. The string should only touch the base of the nut but have some space to vibrate on the sides.
4. Both edges of the nut should be slightly rounded.
5. Each time you change the strings, the nut should be “painted” with a soft graphite pencil to avoid any unnecessary friction.