How do I make a nut tighter?
Through constant tuning and vibration of the string, the nut on saddle and bridge become larger over time. The luthier can solve this problem for you:
- If it is the nut on the saddle, this must be replaced.
- If it is the nut on the bridge, there are several solutions:
- The bridge can be replaced.
- You can line the nut with material (this is called an eardrum among experts).
- Using a mixture of sawdust and superglue, the bridge (not the saddle) can be filled in.
The luthier can help in all three cases – we don’t recommend doing this yourself.